1. Do damage control – ask your florist to bring a spare boutonniere or two, in case one gets lost or damaged.
2. Prepare for the worst – Pack an emergency kit with eye drops, mints, a stain-remover stick, nail polish, and fashion tape for wardrobe malfunctions.
3. Be considerate – Bring along a few pairs of earplugs for any guest who finds the music at the reception a bit too loud.
4. Take cover – If there’s rain in the forecast, stock up on umbrellas and arrange for friends to help guests get from their cars into the venue.
5. Arm yourself – have tissues on hand or, for your something blue, a lovely blue hanky. You never know when tears will flow.
6. Make contact – Tuck a contact list of all vendors in your handbag. Be sure to get their weekend on-call numbers!
7. Get shot of it – if you haven’t already, hand over your shot list to your photographer so no vital photos are missed.
8. Ring it in – The rings! Who’s got them? Make sure they are in the right hands (traditionally, this is the job of the best man).